King Country history
Waitomo Cave is a very famous tourist attraction. It is situated in a region called “King Country”. Why “King Country”? How does the name come about ?
In NZ history, there was a Maori King Movement. There was war and confrontation between Maori & British troops in Waikato region. After a lot of fight, the Maori King retreated into Waitomo area and continue the fight. That’s why it is called King Country. King Country is a lime stone area with a lot of lime stone caves. We are going to talk about this part of the history and also explore some interesting lime stone area.
This trip will involve 3 walks. Each walk will be approx. one hour. It is not suitable for those who are not capable to walk properly.
Activity code : 191109
Date : 9th November, (Saturday)
Departure time & place :
7:30am Pick up Poenamo Hotel, 31, Northcote Road, Northcote.
7:45am Pick up Greenlane McDonald
8:00am Pick up Pakuranga Library,
*please be there 15 minutes before departure.
Tour cost : $48/ adult, $38/child under 12
Return time: approx 7:30pm
What to bring : lunch, drink, wind breaker, sun glasses, hat, rainy gear.
***The journey down to Waitomo & beyond takes approx. 3 hours. Time between walks are tight. In order to do everything, we only have half an hour for a quick lunch. Please prepare a light lunch and small snacks that you can eat on the coach on the way home.
Registration : call 3030633 & leave your name, contact number, number of people joining, activity code & place you want to get onto our coach.
After you leave your name & contact in our phone :
- Someone from CCET will call to confirm vacancy available.
- Do not pay if you have not got our call to confirm there is vacancy.
- If there’s vacancy, then please pay as shown below.
- Go to ASB Bank to bank in your tour cost
a) Account name : CCET
b) Account number : 12-3188-0151516-00
c) Remember to request the bank to make sure your phone number to display on the recipient’s bank statement so that we can identify it’s your money.
d) Keep the receipt
- Wait for our call to confirm receipt of your money & your seats.
- On the day, please be at the departure point 15 minutes earlier.
- All other queries, please call 3030633 & leave a message. Please allow 3 to 4 days for us to respond to your enquiry.
- If you have called to register or paid in the money, you still cannot get our call after 5 days, please call 3030633 & leave a message again.