Conservation week special Chinese programme (Mandarin interpretation)
Long Bay is a place where many Chinese like to go. It can easily be reached by car or by bus No.839, 858,879 & 887.
NZ is an island country. How much do we know about our Marine Environment ? 15th to 23rd September is DOC’s Conservation Week. DOC has prepared a special programme for the Chinese to learn about our Marine Ecology. Marine Biologist will talk about our Ocean, Marine Reserve, the Maori will show us how to weave the flax. We will have a guided tour of the reserve and We may even have the chance of canoeing if the weather is good (no experience is needed. Please bring a set of dry clothing for changing).
Activity code : 180916
Date : 16.09.18 (Sunday)
Place : 1045 Beach Road, Sir Peter Blake Marine Education Centre. (If you face the sea, it is on the water front on the right hand side of Long Bay Regional Park Entrance)
*** you have to make your own way to the Education Centre . It is only 5 minutes walk from 839, 858, 887 & 879 bus terminals.
Time : starts at 9am and finishes at around 3pm (please be there by 8:45am)
Charge : $5/pp (same price for Adult and children) morning Tea and afternoon tea included.
What to bring : drink and lunch, sun glasses, hat or rainy gear according to the weather. A set of dry clothes if you want to try canoeing.
Registration : Please call 3030633 : leave your name, contact number, number of people joining, activity code.
After you leave your name & contact in our phone :
- Someone from CCET will call to confirm vacancy available.
- Do not pay if you have not got our call to confirm there is vacancy.
- If there’s vacancy, then please pay as shown below.
- Go to ASB Bank to bank in your tour cost
a) Account name : CCET
b) Account number : 12-3188-0151516-00
c) Remember to request the bank to make sure your phone number to display on the recipient’s bank statement so that we can identify it’s your money.
d) Keep the receipt
- Wait for our call to confirm receipt of your money & your seats.
- If you have problem on the day of departure, call : 0274-229922
- All other queries, please call 3030633 & leave a message. Please allow 3 to 4 days for us to respond to your enquiry.
- If you have called to register or paid in the money, you still cannot get our call after 5 days, please call 3030633 & leave a message again.
- Cancellation must be made 7 days before departure and you must try your best to find a person to take your place, otherwise there is no guarantee of a full refund.