“Repair Café(RC)” is opening again.
Yes, it’s free. Everybody’s welcome. Only electric appliances this time.
Organizer: Chinese Conservation Education Trust
Sponsor：Howick Local Board and Hub Zero
Date ：1st September 2018 ( Saturday）
Time：1pm to 4pm
Venue：: 4, Ireland Road, Panmure, It is at the BIG Panmure round about behind “DNA Motors”. There is a “Hub Zero” sign outside the gate.
**There is no parking inside the car yard. Please park at the side street.
For operation details, please refer to “Repair Café - Visitors’ guide” on CCET’s social media & website : www.ccet.org.nz
Repair Cafe Visitor's Guide
When are you open?
We will open on the Saturday 1st of September 2018 between 1:00pm -4:00pm.
What can we bring to repair?
This time we only repair electrical appliances, small to medium household electrical goods, but no bigger than a Microwave please.
Do I need to pay for the repair?
No. We evaluate and repair free of charge. We do carry some component parts, but we do NOT repair if your appliances require special parts from manufacturer.
Can I leave the appliance with you?
No. We do NOT accept drop off or disposal services. You must take your item back with you.
Can I bring more than one appliance to repair?
Yes. But only one item at a time and you'll have to queue up again if we're really busy.
What are your repair procedures?
Please review the visitor's guide below.
- We plan to open the first Saturday of each month from September 2018, but please check with our social media (WeChat Platform, website & Facebook) to confirm.
- All visitors are required to report to reception and complete a short repair form. All repairs are completed on a First In First Serve basis.
- Your item with the tag and form will be brought to the repair technician. You can have a cup of coffee while you wait.
- Repair items are restricted to small ones. If you cannot carry the item with your two hands, it is too big. We cannot help.
- The work carried out in the Repair Café is performed free of charge on a voluntary basis by our repair technicians. Visitors offering broken items for repair do so at their own risk. Repair technicians are entitled to refuse to repair certain objects.
Repair, drinks and biscuits are all free. Donations are welcome.