CCET co-organized with Department of Conservation :
Conservation week : Kawau Island history and ecology trip
Kawau Island is an island in the Hauraki Gulf, can be reached by boat ride from Sand Spit which is an one hour drive from Auckland. It has a very rich history and has a lot of exotic plants and animals including the wallaby. There is a very grand Mansion House on the Island. It was Governor Grey’s private retreat in 1860’s. On 14th Oct.,17 is the beginning of this year’s Conservation Week. We are very lucky to be able to get the Department of Conservation’s staff to take us through the island telling us about the island’s history and it’s unique ecology. There are only 70 people living on the island. On this Royal Mail Run cruise, we will be able to see some of the houses and the people living there on Kawau Island. We will visit the Mansion House and have an hour’s easy stroll on the island.
Activity code : 171014
Date : 14th October, 2017 (Saturday)
Gathering place & time :
8:15am Pakuranga Plaza, Pakuranga library, Reeves Road near William Roberts Road
8:30am Greenlane McDonald
8:45am Auckland CBD, Albert Street, AAbuilding
9:05am “ The Dark Horse” Restaurant, junction of Constellation Drive and Parkway Drive (next to the Constellation Bus Stop). Many buses go to that Constellation Bus station and Plenty of free parking next to the bus station for park & ride
*please be there 15 minutes before departure.
Returning to Auckland at around 6:30pm。
$73/ adult(including $55 boat ride and Mansion House admission) , $49/Children under 15
What to bring : drink & lunch, wind breaker, sun glasses, hat or rainy gear according to weather.
Registration : call 3030633 & leave your name, contact number, number of people joining, activity code & place you want to get onto our coach.
After you leave your name & contact in our phone :
- Someone from CCET will call to confirm vacancy available.
- Do not pay if you have not got our call to confirm there is vacancy.
- If there’s vacancy, then please pay as shown below.
- Go to ASB Bank to bank in your tour cost
a) Account name : CCET
b) Account number : 12-3188-0151516-00
c) Remember to request the bank to make sure your phone number to display on the recipient’s bank statement so that we can identify it’s your money.
d) Keep the receipt
- Wait for our call to confirm receipt of your money & your seats.
- On the day, please be at the departure point 15 minutes earlier.
- If you have problem on the day of departure, call : 0274-229922
- All other queries, please call 3030633 & leave a message. Please allow 3 to 4 days for us to respond to your enquiry.
- If you have called to register or paid in the money, you still cannot get our call after 5 days, please call 3030633 & leave a message again.
- Cancellation must be made 7 days before departure and you must try your best to find a person to take your place, otherwise there is no guarantee of a full refund.