Dargaville 2 Days one night--Visit the biggest and oldest kauri in Northland. Trace the history of the Chinese ship sank in Hokianga Harbour
In west coast of Northland, there are the biggest & oldest kauri trees in NZ. They are the “God of the Forest” & “ The Father of the Forest”. Kauri die back is a big problem in NZ now. We are going to have a better understanding of kauri Die Back & the way to protect the kauris.
In 1902, a ship organized by the Chinese sank in Hokianga Harbour. We will go and trace that piece of Chinese History.
We will also visit the famous fresh water lakes –Lake Kai Iwi and two museums. Dargaville museum has some very interesting artifacts from the ships that sunk in Kaipara Harbour. Kauri Museum is the largest Kauri museum in the country. It has a very good display about Kauri logging and kauri gum. It is very worth a visit.
Activity code : 160528
Date: 28th & 29th May,16 (Saturday & Sunday)
Departure time & place :
7:00am Pakuranga Plaza, Pakuranga library, Reeves Road near William Roberts Road
7:15am Greenlane McDonald
7:30am Auckland CBD, Albert Street, AAbuilding
7:45am Northcote Road, Northcote. Poenamo Hotel
*please be there 15 minutes before departure.
Returning to Auckland at around 6:30pm the next day。
All inclusive price (the accommodation we use is Motel rooms in Dargaville with private facilities)
Adult $219 (Twin share), Children under 12 (sharing a room with 2 adults) $159
Child under 12 (twin share with on adult in a room) $198
Adult $202 ( Triple share, in a one bedroom unit. Only 4 units available)
Adult $ 196 (Quad share, in a two bedroom unit, Only 2 units available)
What to bring : drink, wind breaker, sun glasses, hat or rainy gear.
Registration : call 3030633 & leave your name, contact number, number of people joining, activity code & place you want to get onto our coach.
After you leave your name & contact in our phone :
- Someone from CCET will call to confirm vacancy available.
- Do not pay if you have not got our call to confirm there is vacancy.
- If there’s vacancy, then please pay as shown below.
- Go to ASB Bank to bank in your tour cost
a) Account name : CCET
b) Account number : 12-3188-0151516-00
c) Remember to request the bank to make sure your phone number to display on the recipient’s bank statement so that we can identify it’s your money.
d) Keep the receipt
- Wait for our call to confirm receipt of your money & your seats.
- On the day, please be at the departure point 15 minutes earlier.
- If you have problem on the day of departure, call : 0224-918151
- All other queries, please call 3030633 & leave a message. Please allow 3 to 4 days for us to respond to your enquiry.
- If you have called to register or paid in the money, you still cannot get our call after 5 days, please call 3030633 & leave a message again.
- Cancellation must be made 7 days before departure and you must try your best to find a person to take your place, otherwise there is no guarantee of a full refund.